Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snowshoeing




Despite having lived here for over a decade now, I still haven't gotten the hang of downhill skiing or snowboarding. Last year I really tried to embrace snowboarding, but at what point (after you've spent most of the time on your backside and wet in the snow) do you throw the towel in... I'm not saying it's in for good, but this year I wanted to find a winter sport I could enjoy and not resent. To my rescue? Snowshoeing. It is a great cardio workout for all the major muscle groups and instead of fighting against gravity or biffing it, I get to take deep breaths and take in the surroundings. I am loving it!
Kristin and I went to Mueller state park on Monday and despite the frigid weather, managed to work up a good sweat. Even better, we finished our adventure with a couple beers at Buck's, my new favorite bar in Woodland Park.

On Saturday I went up to Breckenridge with Neesha and Schelau where we took advantage of the gorgeous day and great nordic center.

I may learn to be a snow bunny afterall.






No comments: