Thursday, January 03, 2008

Gymbeau


I've seen him around for a while now. But just yesterday I saw him at the gym (I used to call him my gym boyfriend, because I'd see him there and thought he was attractive - but we've totally broken up since then) and then at Starbucks on my way to work! I like to think he doesn't notice me because I look remarkably different when I'm coiffed than when I'm sweating and grunting at the gym. Once, I met him. I was out with a co-worker and her friends, who knew him... and we met. But after that, no acknowledgement that we could now see each other and smile or say hello. I mean we seriously have the potential to be good friends. I see him when I take a walk downtown during lunch. I see him driving his car while a friend and I run down what may be his street. I see him at the watering hole if I go out with friends. It's very awkward... I don't like it one bit. Mostly because I'm not sure if he's stalking me... or if he thinks I'm stalking him.

2 comments:

Cadenabeana said...

At least you see your Gymbeaus around town. I don't know where mine hide out. They lerk in the shadows and then when I am at my sweaty hot stinky worst they pop out of the wood work and climb onto the elyptical next to me. At which point I am embarassed by my channel choice and feel like I need to switch from my afternoon episode of CSI or one of the makeover shows- home and people-, or ahhh if he looks over and sees that I am getting my workout on to "Candy Shop," or "Loosen up my Buttons," or worse...

Cadenabeana said...

I spoke too soon! Crazy story... After leaving the gym yesterday we went to the library, yes sometimes I still check out books instead of buy them-especially now that I am on a very TIGHT budget-but anyhow, then we headed home, finding a package slip from our trusty USPS; we went to the post office picked up the package and then drove home... what do you know? who do you we see? The guy that works out at our gym with the the Bears logo on his truck and a rosary hanging from his rearview mirror checking his mail...and then we stealthly pulled into our driveway and watched as he parked 5 houses away. WHAT?!