Saturday, January 19, 2008

But Baby It's Cold Outside

It's been a year since my jeep was stolen. I barely remember the trauma...and the bitterness when it was returned a mess and I had just gotten used to the comfy rental. Things had been going fairly well. Last Sunday, when I arrived 30 minutes late to church, no one would've known it was because my jeep stalled at a light, then wouldn't restart so I had to sit and wait and try a couple more times. Concerning but probably just a fluke.
On Wednesday, I drove up to Denver to see a concert (Ingrid Michaelson - got to love her!). It was cold outside and I knew it would be a chilly drive. I wore a couple of layers, including a down vest under a coat...and froze the whole way up and the whole way back. Despite the heater being on full force, it wasn't putting out any heat. At all. Miserable! I find myself in the same position I was a year ago. If I got a new vehicle what would I get? Is it time to put this old clunker to rest? Is it time to take a toasty ride? Or be the one to offer to drive?

5 comments:

Cadenabeana said...

Love Ingrid...found her on Myspace a while back!!! Ummm.. and might I suggest the new ride! I loved my jeep and 'cargod' rest his soul, he served me well; we made many a memmory, but I can not tell you the comfort of getting into my car every morning and driving to work knowing that my car is new, has many a mile ahead of it and most importantly that things are under warranty!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello friend!
Ah yes, she has done you well - and oh, so many sweet memories! But, think of the comfort of singing "Baby It's Cold Outside" in a cozy and heater-working ride. A totally enjoyable experience no matter what the conditions are outside. However, the experience may only be complete only if you have a younger sibling in the back seat, and trying to get a sing along... ;)

Have a great day!
Rebecca

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Here's what I'm thinking...
Maybe I should keep the jeep (it's paid off and I wouldn't get much for it) and then buy a nice comfy cosy sedan. Best of both worlds, or extreme?

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Rebecca - I think of that everytime I hear that song!

Cadenabeana said...

I agree...the jeep is sure to bring many more memories but they need not be frost bite, runny nose or otherwise wintery traumatic memories. Keep your summer ride, your party car, your fun in the sun ride and get yourself a dependable and might I suggest "green" ride...I still love to look down and see my MPG or watch the super duty trucks race by me, all the while laughing at the fact that their one ride to town cost them 6 times as much as mine!!!!!!!!!!!!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
just be sure the squirrels don't get a hold of your jeep's components.