Sunday, January 27, 2008

The war of two





The parts of me:

I have come to the realization that I struggle with myself. Mostly because there are different kinds of me.... and before we all diagnose me as having multiple personality disorder, let me explain myself. There is a before and an after Jana. Or better yet, an evening (EJ) and a morning Jana (MJ). And they do not get along. Mostly because MJ despises EJ which is the direct result of EJ being horribly selfish and lazy.

For instance, EJ thinks, "hmmm I should probably pick out my clothes for work tomorrow. Nah, I'll just let MJ handle that."
"hmmmm, I should probably write the check for that bill tonight so I can put it in the mail tomorrow...nah, MJ can totally get up early or take a short shower and make sure it gets where it's going."
"I should probably take out the trash...but it's so cold. I'll just run down on my way out the door tomorrow."
Needless to say, in the morning, before work, with a list of things to get done before racing out the door and to my job, MJ curses EJ. "Darn you evening Jana, I can't get this all done this morning! Why do you have to be so lazy? Don't you think of anyone but yourself!"

Perhaps you can imagine the tension building.....which inevitably leads to self-hatred (that and an unpaid bill, trash that needs to be taken out, or 15 minutes standing at the closet)...not a pretty thing.

I'm going to go ahead and post this, so I/EJ can get to bed early and hopefully I/MJ will have plenty of sleep and tomorrow we all wake up on the right side of the bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brillant! I also seem to have split personalities...at least your MJ is extremely responsible. My MS isn't...

You crack me up! ~S

Trusty Photography said...

My problem is that neither my MC or EC are very diligent...the procrastination just goes from one to the other with projects eventually turning over with the calendar month, to put off for yet another night, morning, night, morning, night.....