Saturday, March 01, 2008

Rocky Mountain Horror Picture Show

Last night someone rang our door buzzer. After more than 3 years at this downtown apartment, we've learned some lessons. Never assume it is someone who has forgotten their key, or have a good reason for buzzing. To include examples would be time consuming. I got out of bed, pushed the "talk" button. This can be an easy way to figure out what's going on down below, because you can hear. No noise. It wasn't until the female cop walked down the stairs that I realized it may have been best to at least ask who was down there. What followed was confusing and somewhat uneventful from the view of our top floor window. Two girls, scared. Some talk of blood. Hyper vigilant Christina concluded there was a wounded animal (which, to note, was a little less dramatic than her suggestion that someone committed suicide the other night when she heard a loud bang in the middle of the night). Wounded animal. Back to bed. It wasn't until I went downstairs to do laundry early this morning that I realized much more had transpired......WARNING!!! IF YOU HAVE A WEAK DISPOSITION OR ARE MY MOTHER, DO NOT LOOK AT THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS.









A call to the CSPD surmised there was a break in of the basement apartment (which is currently being refinished); the suspect cut herself on glass but was obtained and presumably charged with burglary. In a conversation with the neighbors, they shared their theory it was a drunken female who broke in and that there are bloody shoes in a car in the parking lot and paperwork indicating the recent release from Cedar Springs. Neighbor lady thinks it was intentional and the drunken woman was looking for someone in particular. ... dun dun dun......

7 comments:

Cadenabeana said...

I love my sister...of course she went down to do laundry but upon seeing bloody footprints she ran upstairs grabbed a camera and ran back down to get pictures before the scene could be cleaned!!!! This is why we would get along on a photo excursion!!!

Anonymous said...

I am SCREAMING inside my head right now!!!! The HORRORS! If I wasn't at work I'd be squealing and wimpering. Those pictures are unbelievable. Unbelievable. AHHHH!!! Even with your story, I wasn't ready for the amount of blood. Do you just want to cry??? And you better get your rental company to do the cleaning on that - how unsanitary!!! ~ S

Anonymous said...

NO FREAKING WAY! You have got to be kidding me. I am like S and screaming in my head right now - if there wasn't a sleeping one year old in the next room I would be yelling at the top of my lungs. Are you okay? Can you sleep at night? I miss you friend!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Oh, MY ****. Yes, your mama looked and well, my question is...
when is the moving company coming?

Les Trois Soeurs said...

My concerned friends and family, C and I are doing just fine here at the aparment...well, except for last Saturday, when C woke me up in the middle of the night screaming that someone was at the back door... sure enough another (or the same?) drunk chick was trying to get into our back door!

Les Trois Soeurs said...

I almost forgot...she vomitted in the hallway.

Cadenabeana said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! Do you people not close the building doors or something? How is this lady getting in the building??
I woulda' probably pee'd my pants seeing some shadow outside the door... Most importantly, did you guys have to clean up the puke??