Saturday, March 01, 2008

My Little Memories


Have you gotten that email forward? The one that lists (and if you're lucky has pictures) some of the highlights of growing up in the 80's? For me, the email is a fast, super packed jog through memory lane. He-man, popples, the smurfs. Man oh man what a glorious childhood.


There are others like me, who love to reminisce over those fond childhood icons. Heck, just recently a group of women I work with went on and on about the possibility of The New Kids on the Block going on tour. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised when I was recently at a concert where I spotted a females tattooed arm with a scene of a care bear playing the guitar and in the same field, a my little pony... but I was.

7 comments:

Cadenabeana said...

All I can say is The Mysterious Cities of Gold....have you checked youtube.com yet??

Anonymous said...

Man - I was I had gotten the forward on the 80s...that's the problem of working with people in their 40s and 50s. I get the remember when e-mails about gas being 10 cents...What a pretty, pretty picture you found of my little ponies. It makes my heart feel happy.

And Cadena ~ The MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD!!! I thought I was the only one who watched that show. I LOVED it!!! It was such a romantic mystery. And addictive. Next time you're in town, we need to get together and talk about it over a beer. ~ Schelau

Anonymous said...

I meant I "wish" I had gotten the forward. ~ s

Cadenabeana said...

S~ I found that youtube has all of the episodes...I actually never saw the first few episodes and didn't know how the kids had gotten together or how they were in the "new land"!!! It has been great to watch them again!!!

Rebecca said...

Ok - this may not be an 80's thing - but we were listening to a new CD for Liam yesterday and guess what song was on? "Come Mr Tally Man, Tally Me Bananas..." Oh yes, I had to giggle and remember our fun trip to Seattle.

Love you!
R

Anonymous said...

for me....flashbacks happen when I see Hello Kitty stuff. My mouth starts to water and I want to justify spending the money to get whatever it is. Coin purse, notebook, backpack, lunchbox, lipgloss, t-shirt....ohhhh...

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Cadena - haven't had a chance to check out the mysterious city you speak of, but don't even remember talking to you about it...you're so passionate!
Schelau - I had no idea you were missing out, next time I'll be sure to forward it, my pony pic has nothing on that loaded email.
Rebecca - daylight comin' and me want to go home! So funny! I love it!
Christina - I also love Hello Kitty but not as much b/c of the commercialization - these people don't understand we were in Japan picking out pencils and money banks