Saturday, March 01, 2008

Mail Order

The other night I was at Dillard's. Hello?! Can we super duper deals? I was in and around a dressing room where this older loud man was talking non-stop... the kind of guy who has a comment and opinion about everything and it is supposed to be funny - but isn't. I hear him say to a woman, "What? You're only coming out of the dressing room with one thing? I need you for a wife." I can hear him say something to his wife about how he doesn't like the way something fits. I don't think much of it, because I am caught up in my own search for a steal. He starts conversation with a young guy, also waiting for his wife and I am a little disturbed by the power of loud man and his influence over the young guy. It isn't until I head to the dressing room myself that I see loud man's wife. A beautiful blonde. She comes out in a lacey top and asks her loud other half what he thinks. He is totally unimpressed and says something like, "well, where you going to wear that?" What is gorgeous lady doing with loud man? It can't be because he's a great guy. Or that he treats her well. She even has an exotic foreign accent. Doesn't she notice he's over weight and wearing dated glasses? Not to mention that he's rude and loud. Loud man says to young guy, "My wife's from Siberia."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Siberian mail order bride. Too bad she married a pig in order to become an American. Things must of been bad for her in Mother Russia. ~ S

Cadenabeana said...

You should see the types of guys these women marry here in Alaska...it must be really bad!!!