Friday, March 14, 2008

Cable



I've been out of town for the last week. What? an exciting trip? a vacation? I'm afraid it was just a long week of training in Denver. I've got a lot to say... hopefully I can share over the next couple of days.
To start: My skanky stay at the Ramada Inn gave me a window into the world of cable. I didn't have the tv on longer than 30 minutes and this is what I saw. Forgive me if this is old news to you, see "Bubbled" for an explanation of my ignorance.

Did you know that Flava Flav has his own TV show? In the bits of an episode I saw, he was in a hot tub with twins... and other ladies were fighting for his affections. Flava Flav (and the intrigued viewer audience) was shocked when one of the contestants tried to entice him by feeding him pigs feet. I know! He was disgusted too!

On MTV there is a show called "My Amore" where some tiny, unattractive italian man plays the role of the bachelor. I was horrified to watch as two women (both gorgeous. a brunette with long skinny legs. a blonde with a perfect body) cried and convulsed as they each waited to receive a token of his interest. No, not a rose. It was a cheap plastic Italian flag that the chosen clung to their breasts. I was repulsed that these women even cared. I don't know if it was the competition to win or the fear of rejection with an audience but whatever it was, it wasn't logical. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the power of a foreign accent, but let's not lose total focus ladies.

3 comments:

Cadenabeana said...

My poor sister...and I mean in the sense of the socially remedial kind of way!! Flava Flav has had his own show for quite a few seasons. A bunch of skanky chics get to have 5 seconds of fame while they fight for the attentions and affections of him. They demean themselves in all kinds of skanky hoeish ways.

I am saddened to see that his show is still being aired.

Cadenabeana said...

Am I right to assume that he wears that awful huge a** clock around his neck?

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Of course! The clock is what makes him cool...and on time.