Wednesday, April 13, 2005

What in this world is Worship

So I have been convicted about the way that I spend my Sunday morning before church. I lack the discipline to focus in on the cross, repent of my "cherished sins" and cannot seem to get away from "me" centeredness. So.. tonight my buddy Ames and I decided to reclaim our Sunday morning by reclaiming our dependence on Jesus. However, we have decided to create a habit that a little more palpable....Pre-church Starbucks coffee of the day. I know. How lame are we? Well, lame enough to know that we have crippled ourselves by not giving Jesus our time. Schedule: Arrive at Starbucks around 8:15-8:25 (Hey, we are grace centered), drink coffee and journal. Get to church around 8:50AM and spend the next 10 minutes in reflection and preparation.
I am going to update this blog next Monday with the results of what actually happened. -ch

No comments: