Monday, April 11, 2005

The BIG 2-4

And what a birthday it was. Considering that it was an unexcitable age of 24, I have some great friends who partied it up with me.
I started the evening with a new "birthday suit!" No surgeries mind you, but some great sassy shoes and a pink halter. In the company of friends I enjoyed Alaskan King Crab while peering out our table-side window watching the sun set over the Cook Inlet. Two bottles of wine, a couple of stories and some great laughs later we headed downtown to meet up with some more dear friends. Not so dear as...hot. Being all firefighters out to celebrate my birthday and another firefighter's birthday (celebrating the big 2-1). As the toasts of the the party we hammed it up together; getting shots from strangers, beers from our friends and many well wishes all around.
After walking a block to a fantastic Anchorage secret hot spot we danced the night away, while still receiving beverage gifts galore.
I had a great time, enjoyed the new shirt-not so much the shoes- had a "little too much to drink," and spent most of the next day recovering! ~C

No comments: