Thursday, April 10, 2008

Rest in the Room


There is an employee bathroom just feet from my office. It is a large bathroom, the kind where the toilet sits furthest away from the door and the door is so far away that if for some reason you got distracted and forgot to lock the door, there would be no way to prevent exposure once you heard the click of the knob. Even a scream would take a while to travel across the room to the intruders ear. In the bathroom, some ladies have contributed to a collection of Mary Kay hand lotions and magazines. There is also a scale, which I admit, I hop onto frequently. The odd thing about this women's restroom if that everytime I go to use it, the magazines have been moved. This morning, someone had turned to the article about Keith Ledger. This afternoon the Entertainment Weekly was cracked to an article about the Desperate Housewives. I am wondering to myself....who actually plops down and gets caught up on hollywood gossip in the work bathroom? Or have they found this article so riveting, there is a need to share it with others. Just today, on my way back from court, I rushed to bathroom with some urgency. The door was locked...and no one exited for a while. I eventually had to give up and work my way quickly to another restroom. There was some bitterness that while I was suffering through a mini-emergency, someone was hanging out and catching up on Britney.

3 comments:

Cadenabeana said...

I bet that half of the time they aren't even using the facility for its intended purpose...they probably just stand there, lean against the counter and read the magazines!!

Les Trois Soeurs said...

That actually makes me feel a littel better. So, it's like a break room?

Cadenabeana said...

Exactly. I mean I can't tell you how many times I would just go stand...just stand there leaning against the counter. But I had to watch how long I stood there cause i knew the tech guys whose door stood opposite the bathroom...so I had to monitor my time, ya know...too long and they may wonder.