Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My age

So the other day, in an appointment, one of my probationers mentions he went to a concert.
"Who did you see?" I ask. I have, you know, been active in the music scene and all, lately. He mentions the name of some man... or band I have never heard of. I gave him a blank stare and casually said, "hmph, haven't heard of th-him..." His response? "oh, come on, sure you have.... you're as old as I am...you're what? 41? 42?"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What am I to do with this? Run out and grab some "Timewise" at the next Mary Kay party? Rummage through the anti-aging aisle in the grocery store? Never leave my home....as I'm bound to be in it...alone....for the rest of my life?

I suppose I could let it go and tell myself he's a crazy man and out of his mind, which isn't too far off. Yes, that's what I'll go with.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The old man feels for you. I was 26 and had a young troop comment on my age after I questioned his. He mentioned the rocket motor he was working on was older than he. So after some bantering I finally asked the fatal mistake. "Just how old do you think I am?" The answers were heart stabbing, eye poking, b-busting. "35" "37" "40" How can you say that? Oh well, won a lot of age guessing contests at the fairs.

Cadenabeana said...

Yikes...I don't know who I aged after then. When I sub they think that I am a student!!

Anonymous said...

By the way...you don't look anywhere near 40. Clearly a comment by one of your "crack" (or at least whack) clients.