Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Porch Cinema


Summer is coming to an end. That was evident when I learned Starbucks was offering their pumpkin spice latte again. You can't fight against clear signs of fall such as that. I've had a great and busy summer. Here are some of my late summer favorites:




Porch Cinema:

Our apartment is unbearable on the hottest summer days. Even at night, it is roasting. On several occassions (usually Sunday nights) I plugged in some latern lights, the laptap and dragged out my pa-pa-san chair. Ahhhh, a movie on the porch. Perfect. The fresh air, the summer smells and something dramatic on the screen. Only one time the dvd would not play and in a moment of rage and desperation I lugged the entire tv and dvd player.... and it was totally worth it I might add.





Cabin Retreats:

The drive is half the fun, with the perfect scenery and the mountain air. I've taken up reading as a determined hobby and found the cabin the perfect place to sit back and enter another scene, character and storyline.






The Balloon Festival:

I love to watch the balloons lift off. Every early morning that I've done it, it has seemed like a ridiculous idea to get up before the sun, but by the time I have a cup of coffee in my hand, watch the sun rise as balloons take flight....there is simply no better way to spend labor day weekend. I love the bright colors of the balloons, to cheer the ones that make the dip into prospect lake and I love to be inspired to "some day" experience if from a basket, with a bird's eye view.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cabin: an amazing place! Great to travel to new adventures and experiences while there.

Cadenabeana said...

I CAN hardly believe my eyes...did you say you have picked up reading as a habit?!?!? YOU?

Cadenabeana said...

I like your porch...i like that you can hear the sounds of downtown, while enjoying the privacy of the top floor of your apartment. do you remember the New Year's we spent at your place...screaming out and yellin' at the passers by down below on the street?

Les Trois Soeurs said...

I do remember?! It was a pj party kind of ringing in of the New Year - kind of a bust...but looking back, far better than some of the years where I've gotten dolled up and avoided hugging strangers. We had fun!

Cadenabeana said...

And don't forget the cheap champagne...didn't we try to mask the flavor with fruit or something!!