Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lately

I went to a wedding this weekend and I saw a lot precious friends. Thursday some of us got together for coffee and we chatted I realized I was the only one without any children... I did alot of listening that evening and felt like I am light years behind the others. So good to see each other and hear what we're all up to. We laughed over some memories, shared some of the burdens of life and I thanked God for these friendships with depth.


Here are some shots of the dance floor - nothing like good dancing at a wedding... I may, or may not have broken out in a little bit of a glisten. The ceremony occurred outside where two deer watched nearby and apples fell from a tree. The bride and groom looked great and like they were having a great time... isn't that the ideal?







On Saturday, Vicki and I headed up to the cabin, chilled to some John Denver and then did a little off-roading into the 11-mile canyon. Beautiful!




This week I head to DC for the bridal shower of the century. Here is my bridal shower in a box...complete with homemade bath salts for the guests, which will be wrapped in a chinese take out box with pink rice instead of tissue paper....too cute. I've gotten super crafty for this thing and I have found a new excitement about being creative... it might be time to look into getting that Martha Stewart Living subscription renewed. The bachelorette party will be just as detailed for a Matt-a-thon to tie in the bride and groom's love for running. Our bride will get stickers of her beau, Matt, for each milemarker she completes!!! I even found some glow sticks at the dollar store! DC here I come!

No comments: