Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Teller Times

This weekend my dearest friend Stephanie and I spent the weekend at the cabin. Every time I take the hour drive up to the mountains and spend time out of town, I question why I don't do it more. I instantly become drowsy once at the cabin and find that naps are a requirement when spending time up there. Steph is a mom of 2 young boys and so, for 3 years now, we plan a weekend where can just be and hang out. This year, mom invited us to join her at the Teller County Pancake breakfast which supports the local volunteer fire department. After breakfast we went on a tour with the historical society. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but was impressed with what I learned.

We toured the old school house, where they taught from the late 1800's until 1960! It was super cute and just what you'd imagine a small town school house to look like.



We toured a Victorian ranch home, complete with stories of ghosts and murders! The woman who lives in the home is a local historian and has even written a book....I walked through her home, in her bathroom. A voyeur's dream come true.



We went on a tour of the local cemetery with the headstones of icons of the time and sad stories of children dying from the numerous diseases.




Some on the tour were out in full dress.

Fortunately I grabbed my camera - it was a great day to take some photos.


Here's Mom & Me and Mom & Steph.


















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the "Teller Times"...maybe a career in journalism is in your future!! Great pictures too. Yes, it was a day to remember.
Love ya

Blythe Owen Hunt said...

personally, I think you should be a photojounralist! I love the black and white pics--very haunting!!

Blythe Owen Hunt said...

if I could spell, I would have said photojournalist. I don't even know what a photojounralist is...

Anonymous said...

Teller Times?! Or maybe is should say, Steller Times! *grin* That sounds like a great weekend of fun. The pictures give an added essence to the story.