Monday, July 09, 2007

Independance Day








I love days off in the summer. I wish there were more. I know I complained about having a day off in the middle of the week, and I felt the pangs of exhaustion on Thursday but...still a day off and that, my friends is a beautiful thing. I started the day early with Christina and Schelau. We had a delic breakfast at Adams Mountain Cafe. Then, we went on a hike: Section 16. Phew! If that ain't mountain hiking, I don't know what is. The views are so beautiful that it is worth every strain and bead of sweat.

Our tough hike was followed by some hot dogs and potato chips, true 4th of July style. Although there was no propane, so the dogs were broiled. Then, we sat in the hot tub. Great fun and the perfect followup from the hike. By evening we headed down to Manitou Springs and watched the fireworks. It was a nice change from the usual Memorial Park crowd and we were able to chill out and get comfortable on the sidewalk. The excitement really came when a drunken motorcyclist whizzed out in front of me and then got so upset at me that he stopped in the middle of traffic (which required a freakish slam on the brakes). He then yelled at me and finally veered off the road. Geesh!

Anyway, God bless America!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog... I have a daughter 26 ...who has 3 brothers and no sisters but God has blessed her with GREAT friends...and unmarried and yes she too waits expectantly ... enjoy your sense of humor. Remember GOD has your life all planned out....seek Him first and you will not go wrong.! God Bless you! An Oregonian mother!