Thursday, December 21, 2006

Snow Day!


Yesterday they let us go home around noon. Crazy blowing wind and snow. I went to the grocery store to pick up all the necessities for grilled cheese, soup, sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. Once safe at home, I screamed - out of jubulation, of course. I found my self dancing around, singing and smiling...warm tingly sensation pulsing through my body - almost alarming. There is marked concern that I should be so excited to get a half day off of work.
I had a wonderful lunch and then began baking. My peanut butter balls did not want to be balls. My sugar cookies looked like crackers - it was a disater, really. But, no loss. There is something about throwing on an apron and getting flour on my hands that is just right, even if the goodies aren't so good. Chris came home later in the afternoon and we watched Pride and Prejudice - the LONG BBC version. 5 hours later I was thinking in a british accent.
Today: another snow day. Woohoo! I slept in, chatted on the phone, attempted sugar cookies again and watched Pillow Talk, "and you Miss Morrow are an emergency." Life is good.

No comments: