Sunday, December 10, 2006

Office Space: Part I


The other day I passed a co-worker's office and was horrified to see what was sitting on her desk. A fishnetted leg lamp! Like in the Christmas story. We work with criminals...many of them creepy with poor social boundaries. Why the leg lamp?! I should also explain the office owner conducts her meetings with the overhead light off and the leg lamp on.
I have now found myself looking in my co-workers' offices searching for other shocking collections.
To date I have seen in the same office *gasp* pillows on a bookshelf. Two have musical notes and the third, which is placed in the middle (obviously for equality and balance), a boxer dog.
A female co-worker has hanging from her bulletin board, a string of green mardi-gras beads. How did she get those?!
Also, one single key chain hanging on a nail in the middle of an otherwise empty wall.
There is also a poster of a frothy cold beer - I should explain this poster is produced and displayed to deter drinking and driving with an explanation that the beer could cost several thousand dollars when all is said and done. My point, when I see the poster I want a cold frothy beer and so, this seems inappropriate.
Note: I have labeled this "Part I" because I fully expect (and secretly hope) to discover more inproprieties.
-jlt

No comments: