Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Life is hard


Old men are gross....well, maybe young guys are gross too...but old guys are grosser. I was talking to a co-worker about a very serious topic, when an old fart walks by, sees the co-worker's picture of John Wayne (with a caption, by the way, that says "Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid.") The old guy says to me, "John Wayne...so when you look at that, do you think he's hot?" John Wayne?! What?! I respond uncomfortably nervous, "no, not hot."

Today, I ran into an old client, who is old. We have nice chit chat. Then he says to me, "so, how do you stay looking so good? I saw you in your car the other day, you drive a jeep don't you? I was on the bus and thought, 'whose that good looking girl?' I tapped on the window but you didn't notice, probably thinking far off about a good-looking man." Right old man...good-bye.

Yesterday, Mr. is john hot, was judging the Christmas doors and joked about how they were talking about the door (not me as I walked out of it) but that they had given me a 9/10. First of all, 9? Second of all, I was flattered...until I realized it felt gross. And he's an old man...grosser.
-jlt

No comments: