Monday, February 20, 2006

President's Day

I get so excited for days off! Especially when they aren't days off for everyone. I was going to get up early and make the most of this President's day. The morning started an hour after it was supposed to - just couldn't get out of bed. I went to the gym and saw the most appalling sight. A man in the shortest shorts I have ever seen. He wasn't German or old...which are scenarios where I expect to see shockingly small shorts - he was a mostly good-looking, buff fellow. I was so scared he might sit down and expose himself.
I had grand plans to be diligent and look for jobs today - my goal was to complete 2 applications before I could do anything fun. I hate looking for jobs - I want to leave my current situation so badly, but find my job search has really been unsuccessful. No significant leads, no interviews, no new job. I sat down today to begin an on-line app for a job overseas - dreaming big, right? I worked for a couple hours to get to the appropriate site to fill out their resume (why can't i just give you the one I've already worked on, again?) and finally when I got to the end I had to enter my eligibility status, my what? When all was said and done - I had filled out the wrong resume and the archaic website had no "back" option. In the process of determining how to transfer or save my info - the window I had worked so hard on, was replaced by a brand new empty resume form. I completely fell apart... sobbed like a baby. I am so ready to move on to something different. A new city, new people, new environment, new employer and it feels like everything is working against me. I used to blame myself for being too lazy, not putting enough effort into it. But, geesh - here it is... the free day - sales, nice weather, and I'm hunched over the computer...I'm really trying. Just don't feel like God is opening the window.
I did get to spend some time with a good friend - laughter really is good for the soul, and I just finished my taxes. Uncle Sam owes me a nice chunk this year. Now if I could just get back on the horse and fight the beast that is the job search.
-jlt

No comments: