Sunday, February 26, 2006

Peace that passes understanding

On Thursday, God was gracious and revealed to me why He has not blessed my job search and why I am still here. It's amazing how easily I forget He knows/establishes the bigger plan. I've been looking at my little scenario from my perspective - what I want to do, what I don't want to do, where I want to go, where I don't want to stay. There is so much more to why I am here than what I see - go figure. I am establishing a friendship with a non-believer who has reached rock-bottom and has made me aware of my impact on their life. Suddenly, work doesn't seem so bad and this town doesn't seem so small. I will stay as long as God wants me here. It's a shame I couldn't trust God in blind faith, but I am thankful that he has enlightened me.
-jlt

No comments: