Thursday, January 04, 2007

Life of the young and carless


I am very fortunate to live and work downtown. I can walk to get Starbucks, and I have. I can walk to work, and I have. Aside from grocery shopping, most conveniences are nearby. However, there is something super terrible about not being to hit mall or run an errand or just drive when you want to. This morning I had a breakdown. I was running behind - got up late, couldn't figure out what to wear. I would've been late if I had a car....but because I didn't, a ball of rage grew inside me. I promptly called State Farm to get hooked up with a rental. I went to the rental car agency and they gave me a Saturn Ion. I'm not much of a sedaner. In fact, I haven't considered any sedans when thinking of getting a new ride. I'm a jeep girl. And there is something exciting about imagining getting a newer jeep that is shiny and clean. I want to explore the mountains. This is the time in life...wouldn't be right to strap kids into a rugged 4x4. So, now is the time.
But, I'm also an open-minded girl. I'll tell you, there was something very comfortable about sitting in seats that were more comfy than my couch. The radio and temp dials were easily accessible. I could cart my mom around and not have to ask her to climb into the back, only then to watch her struggle as she tries to "jump" out. And I suppose, if I'm so inclined, I could throw a couple things in the trunk. This should be an interesting week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So have the cops called you or anything?

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Yes, actually....an officer left a message Friday night on my work #....it has been found.