Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Country Kick


So, I'm all into country music these days. Can't get enough of it. Don't get me wrong, I still like to check in on my hiphop gangstas....but after a couple minutes, I just want some good ol'fashioned country tunes....am I getting old?
I was in my car this morning, coming from the gym (which is a place that country doesn't really work) and was jamming to a little Akon... and then I listened to the words. Here is just a brief excerpt from his top of the charts single:

Maybe go to my place and just kick it, like Taebo.
And possibly bend you over.
Look back and watch me
smack that, all on the floor,
smack that, give me some more,
smack that, 'till you get sore
smack that, oooh.
smack that, all on the floor,
smack that, give me some more,
smack that, 'till you get sore,
smack that, oooh.


Smack that? Are you serious? Bend you over? Eeeewwww!

I'm learning to love the lyrics in country music - much less eewwwing going on. Now, I'm fully aware that not all the songs encourage good morals or are even well-written, but most have much better lyrics. For instance, my good buddy Brad Paisley:

She's the voice I love to hear
Someday when I'm ninety
She's that wooden rocking chair
I want rocking right beside me
Everyday that passes
I only love her more
Yeah, she's the one
That I'd lay down my own life for


Excuse me... I think I'm going to need a moment.

jlt

No comments: