Thursday, April 27, 2006

You deserve better

What does that mean? I've heard, "you deserve better" at least 3 times in the last week from single, female friends. Sure, the response is exactly what I expected to hear in at least two of the scenarios, but is it realistic? I am beginning to realize I hit it off with the ladies very well. It's the guys I'm having a hard time convincing. There are times when I know I am my worst critic and other times when I think I am quite a catch. Where is the balance? And where is the discernment when times are tough and you "work with what you got?"


Another thought today:
A young girl was sitting on the bench outside of my office window. Her shirt read, "I had a nightmare I was a brunette." Her hair was clearly chemically treated and I was concerned that someday she will realize she is a brunette and then her nightmare will really only be beginning.

Also:
I had a guy in my office today who was wearing a polo shirt. The print on the shirt was of other polo shirts under v-neck sweater vests - a truly disturbing sight. Why wear a polo shirt of other polo shirts? I had a hardtime focusing on what he was saying.
-jlt

No comments: