Sunday, September 28, 2008


Recently, Christina and I were driving down Tejon street on a weekday morning and both noticed the woman pushing a shopping cart up the hill fillled with non-groceries. We both exclaimed as we passed, "that's the best looking bag lady I've ever seen."It's true, she looked healthy and was dressed normally. Hmmmm, what's the story there?
I continue to walk to work. Most days, it's great. Recently, 4 other co-workers started a lunch club. After months of eating out far too often, we decided that each of us would bring in a group lunch once a week. It's brilliant really. I don't have to even think about lunch 4 days out of the week, it's portion controlled and affordable. The unfortunate part, of course, is on Wednesday nights, when I find myself wandering the grocery store aisles trying to figure out what the most unique, most affordable, best tasting meal would be... and on Thursday mornings when I lug, essentially, a one woman potluck to work.
This past Thursday, as I carried tubs of bbq beef brisket, chips, pickles, buns and some sweet treats, along with my work shoes, my wedding planner, my purse and a cup of coffee, I really wished I had my own shopping cart to load up, and stroll along Tejon street. I can hear the passerbys now, "that's a good looking bag lady."

1 comment:

Rally said...

You might start a new trend;). I bet your girls at work will miss your fabulous lunches when you move.