Sunday, August 17, 2008

Engaged Life

What I love about my ring:
I don't have to take it off when I wash my hands, it won't turn my fingers green!
I love to check it out in different lighting.
It's a sign/signal - "I'm taken. I'm off the market. These ribs are sold!"

What I thought I'd love but didn't:
registering. It was exhausting. Don't get me wrong, super fun to set up a pretend house, but I didn't really think about what color the bathroom should be before we arrived at Target.

What I'm tired of hearing from vendors:
"You mean THIS November?"

What I am loving:
Seeing Matt through this going-to-be-my-husband lens. He's amazing

4 comments:

Blythe Owen Hunt said...

I love this post! it's so fun to hear about all the wedding planning! I hope you keep us all updated. :)

p.s. I also hated registering. it was the pits! plus I felt like such a greedy girl. :(

Mom2Drew said...

Hello there! I'm Rebecca's friend and I was there at her bachelorette party. just want you to know if you're looking for a photographer, I'd love to talk. Heatherbauersphotography.com

Congrats!

Mom2Drew said...

Me again...don't forget to visit my blog, there's more pics there. Anyway...I know you're trying to get things done quickly and wanted to give you an option.

Rally said...

Hey there Girlie. I couldn't agree with you more about the engagement process. Just remember it is truly only a season and once it's over, it's over never to return. Try to embrace every minute for what it is worth. We had a saying when we would get uptight about "wedding plans" and it was... "Time to dewad my underpants"... it took the edge off and a smile and a chuckle. Remember at the end of the day in November, you will be Mrs. S. and honestly that is all that matters!
BTW, I used Heather as my second photographer... she did an awesome job! Highly recommend her.