Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Courtesy Christmas Warning

Do Not.... I repeat Do Not attempt to go to the mall for "quick" Christmas shopping on your lunch break. I know, not rocket science but if your logic is similar to mine you might have thought lunch would be easier than after work because everyone will be shopping in th evenings. But the true reality is that those shopping during the week in the middle of the day are retired or disabled. Movement was slow. Decisions were difficult. I just need to get my gift card and go!!!! It was no easy task.
The first inidication was the parking. Parking outside of JC Penny is rarely difficult, but I found myself taking the first spot I could find and then making the long haul inside. The second flag was the line at the first counter I passed, where some of the customers were getting excited that the line was "finally moving." I browsed a short while and then went to a register that had no line. Unfortuanely, while in line, something else caught my eye, while looking at it, someone took my place (I can only blame myself for that move). This gentleman wanted to look at the perfumes...which took an eternity. Do I change registers, schlep off to find another, what if that line is longer? So I wait and wait. She finally returns. No gift cards. She searches and looks and explains all the registers should have them...and then directs me to another register where I wait for the older woman in front of me to return her pajama pants.

3 comments:

Cadenabeana said...

And I know that this is my fault...I am sorry that I am not more "ontop of my needs or desires" around the holiday season...woops!

Anonymous said...

Hey, my trip to Penny's (on Powers)I found only one clerk!!!

Cadena -you're worth it...

Blythe Owen Hunt said...

hello? are you there?? I'm afraid something terrible has happened to you since you haven't posted since A WEEK BEFORE CHRISTMAS!