Friday, March 09, 2007

iLike


My mother gave me an iPod for Christmas. She won it from a drawing (I think) at On The Border. It is a shuffle, kind of small and simple. A generous gift that I knew I would enjoy. The hurdle was getting music onto it. We have an archaic laptop at home, it does most jobs, but has old software. My iPod required a visit to mom and dad's and the request to download the program on their computer and the expectation that anytime I want more or different music I will be calling on them. The process took awhile. Download the program. Figure out how to use it. Figure what songs were worthy of a purchase. It was quite an ordeal and a few hours of my life. I practiced extreme self-control and only bought 3 songs to download - the rest from cds I own.

My purchased playlist:

Maneater by Nelly Fertado

I See You Baby by Groove Armada

Would You Go with Me by Josh Turner


I love my iPod. I totally take back all those things I said about it being an expensive exscuse for a walkman. And let me tell you, there is nothing like climbing on to a treadmill and jogging to "I See You Baby." So much fun! Sure, I'll go another 4 minutes - can't stop in the middle of this number. I stepped outside for some fresh air on my lunch break yesterday and thought I'd listen to some of my tunes. I'm sure there was a hop in my step - okay, a strut, "Maneater, make you work hard, Make you spend hard, Make you want all, all of her love..."

It is the ultimate in having a soundtrack of my life.

I've got to figure out how not to sing/hum/grunt along with the music. I definitely don't want to be THAT chick.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Random! I think you can go to the apple/macnitosh website and they have a free music download each week...you might want to check into that. *smile* ~ S

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd "watch out" those singing, grunting sounds might cause people to wonder!!!

Glad you are enjoying the gift....
I'm glad to share one of life's fine experiences with a great daughter !!!
YOU

Love you, Mom

Les Trois Soeurs said...

Okay - true confessions. Today as I walked into work a John Mayer song came on - from his live cd - so there was lots of cheering and screaming and for a moment I considered I had my own fan club cheering me on, as I made my my way in to work on a Monday morning.