Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Grapes of Wrath

So, last week .... the last week of my job, by the way...
I come into my office. Things are different - it has been cleaned! My cheap boss was paying his lazy son to clean the office on the weekends, which meant, grime, dirty carpets and dust. I'm afraid it wasn't enough for me to make time to clean my own space....so it was a noticeable difference. My boss had hired someone to come in and clean. It was as I settled in that I became annoyed. This clock was moved, that plant completely relocated, this magazine placed here, that file placed there. She clearly took the liberty to get creative... and then, as I am rummaging around for some paperwork I see that she placed a raisin on a stack of filing. She picked the raisin off the floor and put it on my stack of files. Why? Did she think I needed it? That it would go missing? It was so strange to me. She clearly had her own opinion about appropriate placing of my things but left the raisin. Very Strange.

No comments: