Thursday, October 06, 2005

Singles Retreat

This weekend, J and I are heading up to Crooked Creek for our communities' singles retreat. I've been on the committee for the past couple of months and it seems a little strange to see it take a life of its own and work it way to the end. The weather doesn't look all that promising BUT even if that doesn't lean our way, we have plenty to keep ourselves occupied. That place is great!! One of my favorites will be to sit in the "TRINITY" shaped hot tub. YIKES.

Our speaker will be talking about the Immutability of God. Basically about His Unchanging Nature. It promises to be both a learning and humbling time for me at least. How many times is my clock not lined up with God's and I keep moving to a pace that doesn't recognized that God is outside of TIME and nothing I do will ever change the path and plan He has for me? Like I said, humbling.

This also means a rap up of some fun times with the rest of the retreat committee.

I still need to wash my clothes, pack and plan for a quick getaway after work tomorrow. =-( I think I am becoming a little overwhelmed.

WHOOHOOO!!! We have received our first spam comments. This is very exciting. We finally got the telemarketer to stop calling and now we are on our next adventure.

CA just started subbing for the local school district up in Anchorage. YOU have to tell us some of the better stories!! Hope you are doing well, we got your message and I am hoping to be able to call you once this retreat stuff is OVER.

No comments: